Tuesday, October 15, 2013

It's what?

So, I can't believe it's almost that time already. I feel like this year has passed so quickly and i'm constantly trying to grab hold of anything that I can to make it slow down, even if it's just a little bit. Nanowrimo is what...16 days away and I feel grossly under-prepaired. I won't say unprepared because I have a rough idea of what i would like to write this year, but I'm nowhere close to where I need to be.

The characters are still blurry-so much that i can't even tell what they look like. The world is unfamiliar (I always seem to want to write about things that I know absolutely nothing about.) And the rules. Oh the rules. I have no idea. There are no rules. Now usually that would be a good thing, but when creating a different culture from your own, and especially creating one with supernatural elements, rules are MANDATORY. I mean, how else are your readers going to know when you break them?

Anyway, I logged into my NaNoWriMo account for the first time in a long time today and realized that I need to really get my head in the game. The amount of work I have to do before NaNo start is actually quite daunting. But exciting! 

Let's start the countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment