Thursday, October 11, 2012

10.11.12

Nano Novel Update 10.11.12

I had a pretty good day today. I was finally able to pin down my plot. It's been a slippery little thing that I haven't been able to catch, but today I had a break through. For some reason I was having trouble with understanding the fact that it's entirely possible to have a main plot as well as a sub plot and that just because it's a subplot doesn't mean that it's not as important to the story as the main plot. I'm not sure why that failed to sink into my brain but I guess that's how it goes. As this will be my first time going into Nano with more than just a spark of an idea I hope all the work I'm doing now will prove to make my first draft better.

Also, I was finally able to decide on my two main character's names. Going into this, I knew immediately that I wanted someone's name to be Kai. The name just fit. Though I didn't know who since the name is unisex and could very plausibly go either way. But as I was doing a couple of plot exercises and creating back story for both of my characters I just caught a flash of an image where my MFC was screaming "Kai", so obviously there was no argument that that was his name. Long story short, after a long laborous search through name websites I finally decided on Brielle.

I'm really excited to begin Brielle and Kai's story. Is it November 1st. yet?

On another note, I'm happy to say that last night I was able to write over 1,200 on one of the novels I had put on the back-burner because I just didn't think i could save it. I love this time of year. It's like there's magic in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment