Wednesday, October 31, 2012

On Writing--October

So, I've decided that since I've been reading a lot of writing blogs I decided I would share some of the things that I found that helped me, in hopes that it could help someone else.

On Writing

Write your way out -- Author Scott Westerfeld writes about not being afraid to write the same book more than once. (This really hit home with me because I have been thinking about re-writing my very first Nano novel, and going in a different direction with it. But i was conflicted because there was so much of the original that I love).

The Benefits of writing everyday- Lynda R Young writes about the benefits we gain from writing everyday.

Write Every Day -- Jeff Goins writes about why you need to write everyday and how you can make it a habit. (I especially have trouble with this, I'm horrible at routines. I'll do things everyday for about a month and then they just fall by the way side. But i"m trying to turn around.)

List of Master Plots -- A list of basic plot lines from authors.

Writing Lectures by Brandon Sanderson -- Video lectures of Brandon Sanderson, fantasy author extraordinaire, filmed during his 2012 creative writing class at Brigham Young University.

8 Step Plot Outline
--How to assemble a plot outline in 8 easy steps. 

On Editing

The Novel Doctor -- Great Editor, and has some great info for writers.

Project Team Beta -- Great place to have your novel read by a couple Betas. You can also fill out an application to become a beta.

No comments:

Post a Comment